My wife and I are fresh out of girl names and we have a baby due in 30 hours or so (7:30am Est Friday). Just can’t seem to find the right blend of first name, middle name, and last name.
We are thus crowdsourcing the naming of the girl and asking you to give us what you think would be the best girl name for our child. There is no voting going on here, as the naming of our child is not a democracy. That would be impersonal, people. Still, you come up with something better than what we can… and we just love it, and you get the credit.
Here are the basic boundaries for what we are looking for in a name:
- Two to two & half syllables or less first name. Three you can’t yell on the soccer field and four I may not remember. It happens.
- Needs to work for a pale person, as she will certainly be that.
- Needs to match the last name “Reynolds”. I may never allow her to switch out that last name, so it has to work now.
- We’d prefer to not reuse our previous children’s names. Besides the confusion it causes, at-least one kid will turn out bitter.
- I would prefer to stay away from first names that end in “y” since we have three of those already, but my wife is open to it and thinks we are on a roll.
- Should have a single, common-sense spelling that is understood when given audibly to english speaking people.
- Should not be the name of someone we didn’t like as a child.
Easy, right? Whateva, we have been trying for months.
Jump in and bail us out one of these two ways:
1. Comment on this blog entry with “Firstname Middlename Reynolds”: http://tinyurl.com/girlnames
2. Tweet “Firstname Middlename Reynolds” along with #namethatgirl